Monday, July 6, 2009

My Monday

I was super lazy today. I knew I wasn't going to the orphange today, so I didn't set my alarm. I slept until 11:30! (guess i was tired...I haven't slept much since Bill went home) Anyway, I got up, read a little, did some laundry (stop laughing Patti, yes, I did WORK!!!) and took my shower to start my day. About 3:00 I finally left to get some lunch. After lunch I decided to do some shopping. walked through another mall and of course, after eating lunch and an ice-cream, I needed to visit te ladies room. They charge for this...2 grivna. So, I paid my way, started to go in, and the lady stopped me and accused me of not paying. I tried to explain that she took my money and didn't give me my ticket, but I guess she thought I was lying. So, I paid her again....she still didn't give me a ticket and charaded that I needed to pay her more. This was crazy! I was not going to continue this, I was only a few blocks from my apt. So, I gave her my evil eye (yeah right), turned around and headed for home. On the way, I decided to stop at another store (okay, I didn't have to go that bad!) and look at these really cute jeans... one of the stores in town had a pair of really cute jeans that I really really want, and they were on sale for only 100 grivna (like $23). I went in to try them on and they didn't have my size....European sizes are much different, and after trying on a size 40 and them not going much past my knees, I knew this was not good on my self-esteem! The other pair I bought were sized s, m and l...much easier that way! So, I gave up on the cute jeans. Gillian called at this point and I headed to her place, stopping at my apt. to "freshen up".

Gillian met me at her metro stop and we went to her MIL house. I really enjoyed my visit over there. Her MIL and BIL were very kind and Elaina put on several entertaining shows for us. We had pizza for dinner (good pizza!) Evie started getting sleepy, so Gillian's BIL walked me back to the metro stop. It was a fun night and I really needed the company today.

Now, I am back in the apartment and am about to put in the first episode of Everwood (I think that's what it's called)...we'll see if it's any good. Heck, even if it's not, I'll probably watch it, I don't have any English channels, lol!

Tomorrow, I see Patrick!!!

4 comments:

  1. It's nice that you got to see Gillian. Take care and enjoy Patrick tomorrow. I know the days are long when you have to spend them alone. We're praying for them to go quickly so you and Patrick will be back home soon with the rest of your family!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you buy the boxed set of Everwood? The series with Treat Williams as a Dr in it? If so I loved that series!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Mindy, one of my friends here has season one, so I borrowed it from her. I'm outta books, so it's on to anything else that can occupy my time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everwood, like with Ephram and Amy? oh i loved that show, hehe very teeny!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete